Thursday, May 21, 2009

Rain, Rain Go Away

Kisses:

*Prayer. This week, I am so thankful for the power and gift of prayer. The fact that I am able to sit quietly, reflect on life's blessings and know that my thoughts are being heard and treasured is so amazing.

*Technology. Albeit sometimes impersonal, it is so nice to be able to stalk your best friends on the internet and receive sweet text messages from those you love. I will, however, always remain a faithful advocate of the handwritten note

*Thank you notes. I know this sounds a little odd, but I actually enjoy writing them. It gives me an opportunity to reflect on the blessings that David and I have received. We are beyond blessed with supportive and loving friends and family who have helped us start our marriage off in style :)

*My girlfriends...please take no offense to this, but I really do believe I have the best girlfriends in the world. Feel free to try yours against mine, but they might not stand a chance. I don't know what I did to deserve such an incredible group of friends, but I could not be more thankful for each and every one of them. They are beautiful, witty, intelligent, compassionate, talented, fun and kind.

Disses:

*Timing Belts. $700 bones done the tube. Definitely not my favorite way to spend money.

*This awful rain. Don't get me wrong, I am thankful for the clearing away of pollen and hydration of plants, but really? 5 days straight? I am in serious need of some Vitamin D.

So, in the spirit of sunshine, I shall leave you with a song

***Rain, Rain, Go Away, Hopie wants to go out and play***

No comments:

Post a Comment