Thursday, May 14, 2009

Marriage Moment

So David and I are nearing the 2 week mark of Holy Matrimony. So far, so good. We spent an incredible week in the BVI (more on that in another post) and returned home in time for Mother's Day. Last night, we went on what I consider our first "marriage date". Where? Costco. I should tell you that David and I actually LOVE Costco (I am sure a lot of you do). It is pretty much a wonderland of random cool stuff and bulk food...always entertaining. However, our trip to Costco was not what caused our "date". Long story short, I had been to dinner with my dear friend Alicia and met David at Costco afterwards. After shopping, we had plans to spend some time with our friends David and Annie (more on them later!) and David was starving. * side note: For those of you who know David well, you know how much he loves food and what a great cook he is. You may also know, that in the last year, he has become somewhat of a health freak (probably one of the reasons he weighs 153 pounds ;) ). So, as we are leaving, my sweet husband decides he wants to buy a...HOTDOG. Now, I am not a huge fan of cased meat, but Costco hotdogs are good and cheap! 1.50 for a huge dog and a drink, pretty good deal. So David orders his food, tops it with all the fixings and I find us the cleanest table in the eating area. We sit down and talk, laugh and have a great time (he even shared a few bites with me). After finishing, he gets up to refill his drink. When he returns, what does my sweet husband have in his hand? a CHURRO! I had never had one before...it was delicious...Kind of like a long cinnamon sugar donut. It was sweet because he knew I was still hungry (yes, I had already had dinner with my friend and 2 bites of his food) and because it was super unhealthy and he bought it anyway. We shared the Churro and went on our merry way. It has been one of my favorite memories so far... a simple moment that makes you smile.

Here's to many more simple moments in life :)

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment