Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Work in Progress....how true that is

You know, I've been trying to start this for awhile now. At first, I didn't love the whole idea of a blog......I also questioned what type of person had the time to have one. Then I read the blogs of a few people I adore and started thinking about how many moments in a day are wasted...... wasted with frustration, stress,worry, regret, envy.......many of us miss countless beautiful moments worrying about things we just can't change. We are all a work in progress.....a perfect and broken creation adored by God, our families and, if we're lucky, some lifelong friends. Spending time focussing on the negative brings nothing of worth to our own lives and steals precious time we could be devoting to those we love. So why not use these free moments to do some good in this world of ours and share our thoughts on life, love, food, music and all things captivating?

Tonight, I had the opportunity to sit and chat with one of my very favorite people in the world, Annie Roberts......her friendship is the type of gift that reminds me how much God loves me. Our conversations (or word vomit as we like to call it) tend to run a little too deep, most often revolve around life, love and family and usually end with laughter and eased hearts. I won't go into the details of our time together, but I will say that I am incredibly thankful for her friendship and many other people in my life. I am confident that I have been afforded such dynamic relationships to mold me into the person I am meant to be. I am also blessed to share my life with one the most adventurous, loving and light hearted people that I know. I have no doubt that our path will have some bumbs along the way.....but I am confident that it will be filled with beautiful music, good food, lots of laughs, special friends and countless memories. As I write this tonight, I am overwhelmed by the exquisite relationships that have been placed in my life........I hope that each and every one of you get to see glimpses of God's love through the people you are surrounded by.

Cheers, Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment